High School Humanities/History Teacher
Website Toledo Christian
If you are interested in applying for this teaching position, please complete the faculty application and submit with a copy of your resume and cover letter. Compensation for this position is commensurate with years of experience.
TOLEDO CHRISTIAN SCHOOLS,
TITLE: JOB DESCRIPTION – FACULTY
PURPOSE: The teacher shall educate, disciple, and prepare his/her students by teaching attitudes, skills, and subject matter that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible Christians ready to follow Christ and impact the culture.
SUPERVISOR: Area Level Principal
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be responsible for all children under his/her authority.
- Perform the teaching tasks and role generally expected of teachers which include lesson planning, teaching, and evaluating student performance.
- Daily maintain his/her page on the school learning management system with current homework assignments and relative information for students and parents.
- Communicate with parents regularly and in a timely fashion regarding student progress by offering both recommendations and commendations.
- Maintain effective classroom management.
- Perform all assignments and duties such as supervision of playground, lunchroom, hallway, etc.
- Keep accurate and timely records of student performance.
- Care for the classroom.
- Maintain attractive bulletin boards and pleasant environment conducive to learning.
- Attend all meetings scheduled by the administration.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Give evidence of being born-again through the redemptive grace of Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrate a mature and godly Christian worldview and lifestyle.
- Agree with school’s Statement of Faith and Mission.
- Attend church regularly.
- Bachelor of Education degree from an accredited college or university at the applicable grade level.
- Qualified to obtain and maintain Teaching license from the State of Ohio.
- Qualified to obtain and maintain Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) certification.
- Understand pedagogical skills and objectives in a classical, Christian model and be prepared to apply same in his/her classroom.
- Edify and respect Toledo Christian Schools, its administration, and its faculty and staff.
- Interact with students, parents, faculty, and administrators with strong interpersonal competency.
- Articulate the integration of curricular education with biblical spiritual formation and discipleship.
- Communicate with a high level of self-awareness, compassion, and composure.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Proficient in the use of technology as a learning accelerator.
- Experience teaching in a classical Christian school.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org