Grades 7-12 Latin Teacher
Website Toledo Christian Schools
2303 Brookford Drive, Toledo, Ohio 43614
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be responsible for all children under his/her authority.
- Perform the teaching tasks and role generally expected of teachers which include lesson planning, teaching, and evaluating student performance.
- Daily maintain his/her page on the school learning management system with current homework assignments and relative information for students and parents.
- Communicate with parents regularly and in a timely fashion regarding student progress by offering both recommendations and commendations.
- Maintain effective classroom management.
- Perform all assignments and duties such as supervision of playground, lunchroom, hallway, etc.
- Keep accurate and timely records of student performance.
- Care for the classroom.
- Maintain attractive bulletin boards and pleasant environment conducive to learning.
- Attend all meetings scheduled by the administration.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Give evidence of being born-again through the redemptive grace of Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrate a mature and godly Christian worldview and lifestyle.
- Agree with school’s Statement of Faith and Mission.
- Attend church regularly.
- Bachelor of Education degree from an accredited college or university at the applicable grade level.
- Minimum of 3 years experience teaching Latin.
- Qualified to obtain and maintain Teaching license from the State of Ohio.
- Qualified to obtain and maintain Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) certification.
- Understand pedagogical skills and objectives in a classical, Christian model and be prepared to apply same in his/her classroom.
- Edify and respect Toledo Christian Schools, its administration, and its faculty and staff.
- Interact with students, parents, faculty, and administrators with strong interpersonal competency.
- Articulate the integration of curricular education with biblical spiritual formation and discipleship.
- Communicate with a high level of self-awareness, compassion, and composure.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Proficient in the use of technology as a learning accelerator.
- Experience teaching in a classical Christian school.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org