Upper School Humanities Teacher 2024-2025
Website Trinity Classical Academy
Upper School Humanities Teacher 2024-2025
The Mission of Trinity Classical Academy is to offer a challenging education grounded in the Christian faith and the Classical tradition to produce young men and women of virtue, wisdom, purpose, and courage.
Trinity Classical Academy’s cultural values include peacemaking, honest humility, constant zeal, habitual excellence, intentional relationships, and kingdom service. These values inform how the organization operates and should be reflected in all aspects of work at the school. The cultural values at Trinity Classical Academy encourage a commitment to learning, excellence, and the well-being of all members of the community. The school is dedicated to providing an elite Christian, classical education that serves all members of the body of Christ and works to grow the classical, Christian education movement.
The candidate is a Christian with an authentic and a mature personal relationship with Jesus Christ in both their professional and personal life with a calling and commitment to Christian education. Qualified candidates will support our School’s Mission, while representing our Cultural Values.
Education and Experience
● Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree (Education Major preferred) (Credential a plus)
● Previous experience is preferred.
Essential Skills and Abilities
● Competence in individual Humanities disciplines (History, Literature, Rhetoric, and Bible)
● Experienced in and committed to classical pedagogy
● The ability to integrate knowledge, skills, and methods across disciplines as part of a holistic education
● Preference will be given to those that are well-read and conversant in the Western canon and have substantial knowledge of the Trivium.
● Excellent oral and written command of the English language
● Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, faculty, and students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds
● Competence in educational technology (Word processing, online management software, etc.)
● Ability to compose, proofread and edit correspondence
● Excellent organizational skills
● The ability to foster and guide student-led dialectical discussions
● Familiarity with classical pedagogy and Christian worldview integration.
● A strong commitment to the emphasis and philosophy of Trinity Classical Academy
● Positive support of the school’s policies and practices
● Service oriented and able to interface with many people
● Truthful, positive, and purposeful when communicating with others
● Flexible and adaptable in dealing with new, different or changing requirements
● Multitasking in an environment with many distractions is a must
● Must successfully pass a background investigation
● Working Environment: indoors in a comfortable temperature-controlled classroom environment and is typically free from dust and hazardous materials.
● Generally works in a group environment; noise level is typically low with the exception of times between class periods.
● Requires standing for long periods of time; will include frequent walking and sitting
● Able to make visual and auditory evaluation of students work and performance
● Physical Demands: Must be able to sit for extended period of time, repetitious hand and body movements, simple grasping, fine and gross motor skills. Stand and walk when administering care. Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, push, pull and lift up to 20 pounds. Must be able to climb one flight of stairs.
● Mental Demands: Ability to work well under pressure; ability to maintain a level of professionalism and clam when others are behaving inappropriately;
● Use of computer/monitor screen; projector and other classroom equipment;
● Travel: Travel will be required for local field trips
School Calendar: Monday – Friday, 7:20 a.m. – 2:55 p.m. or as needed beyond these hours. Training days and parent teacher conferences may be longer workdays.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com