Dean of Fine Arts
Website Veritas Academy
Title: Dean of Fine Arts
Overview: The Dean of Fine Arts shall be a born-again college graduate who feels called of God to use his/her teaching, creative and administrative gifts within a Christian school. Other qualifications may be added by the board as deemed appropriate.
Reports to: School Heads, primarily in the Schools of Logic and Rhetoric
Evaluation: The Dean of Fine Arts’s performance will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the board’s policy on evaluation of professional personnel and this job description.
Status: Part-time or full-time, schedule to be determined.
The Fine Arts Department Head will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the Fine Arts offerings and classes at Veritas Academy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Represent Veritas Academy in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner to families, the community, and other organizations that come into contact with the school.
- Team with School Heads to have oversight and responsibility for Fine Arts Faculty members, meeting with each on an individual basis to review their professional performance at least once a semester.
- Provide oversight to teachers including a weekly review of lesson plans and online grade books, occasional informal teacher observations, and reviewing of report cards for each class prior to distribution.
- Attend regularly scheduled Academic Team meetings where he/she shares updates for the Fine Arts Department, approves of any curriculum changes and brainstorms with the team on various topics.
- Mentor new Fine Arts faculty members by meeting with them in the summer to review curriculum, attending the New Teacher Training in August, and checking in with them regularly throughout the year.
- Teach any Fine Arts classes where there is a need and where his/her gifts are most utilized.
- Plan and lead monthly Department meetings where all Fine Arts faculty attend.
- Communicate any changes in curriculum or policy with Fine Arts Teachers.
- Help establish a budget for the Fine Arts Department due in October each year.
- Approve of all purchases in the department, according to budget.
- Oversee drafting or revision of syllabus and course guidebook for each class in department each year.
- Communicate with parents as needed on behalf of the Fine Arts Department.
- Attend major school events and occasional educators’ conferences such as SCL, ACCS, etc.
- Be knowledgeable around the weekly memos and school calendar in order to answer any questions that parents or guests may have regarding the school.
Required Personal Qualities
- Have received Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior and believe that the Bible is God’s Word and standard for faith and daily living.
- Be in whole-hearted agreement with Veritas Academy’s Statements on Faith, Life, and Conduct.
- Be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and action toward others (Luke 6:40). This includes being committed to God’s biblical standards for sexual conduct.
- Be a Christian who is, and will remain during the period of employment, an active member of a Christ-centered church, growing in his/her Christian relationship with God, and actively practicing and exhibiting Christian principles of the Christian faith.
- Be spiritually mature and consistently maintain a daily devotional and prayer life.
- Recognize the role of parents as primarily responsible before God for their children’s education and be prepared to assist them in that task.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess and consistently exercise good decision-making skills.
- Respectfully submit and be loyal to constituted authority.
- Approach work with the attitude of a servant and with a spirit of excellence.
- Ability to present information effectively to an audience.
- Proven ability to cultivate productive, professional relationships.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Google Calendar and email with the ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the creative and performing arts, such as theatre, music, and/or performing arts.
Preferred Education and Experience
Master’s degree in a field related to the creative and performing arts, such as theatre, music, and/or performing arts.
The purpose of this job description is to describe the basic function, major responsibilities/tasks, and essential functions of each job so that employees can better know what is expected of them. The descriptions also provide information useful for recruiting, training, and performance appraisal. This document does not create an employment contract, nor does it modify the at-will employment status of all employees. This job description is not meant to inhibit employee creativity or innovation. It may be revised when necessary.
Veritas Academy has a racially nondiscriminatory employment policy. Veritas Academy does not discriminate against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, or national or ethnic origin.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com