Website Veritas Christian Academy
The Headmaster is responsible for managing the daily operations and the supervision of all faculty and staff at Veritas Christian Academy (VCA). The Headmaster is the chief academic and administrative officer, appointed by the School Board to administer and implement the mission and operating policies of the Board. The Headmaster provides day-to-day direction and operational practices that represent a consistent and effective model of integrity, efficiency, and accountability. The Headmaster will direct and participate in marketing and development for VCA. In addition, the Headmaster performs and/or directs all other duties as, from time to time, may be assigned by the Board.
● Public profession of faith in Jesus Christ and a lifestyle that reflects maturity and intimacy with God
● An authentic and growing relationship with Jesus Christ as evidenced by a strong, clear personal testimony
● Personal humility
● Ability to be a leader whose conduct exemplifies biblical principles
● A genuine excitement and passion about Christian leadership
● Ability to lead in a Godly manner
● A desire to support and encourage faculty and staff in their own Christian leadership capabilities
● Bachelor’s Degree required (Master’s degree preferred) in education or educational administration/supervision or the equivalent
● Three years experience in educational administration (preferred but not required)
● Experience in Classical Christian school administration desirable
● Demonstrated supervisory leadership
PERSONAL AND GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS:
● Ability to create a team environment and to lead effectively in that environment
● Ability to mentor other leaders, build teams, and create a supportive work environment
● Confidence – an inclusive decision-maker when confronted with challenging issues and concerns
● Enthusiasm for, appreciation of, and commitment to the school’s mission
● Proven strength in interpersonal skills and human resource management
● Ability to meet people easily and cordially; comfort with people representing diverse backgrounds
● A professional demeanor with an ability to develop appropriate relationships with parents, staff, and community
● A healthy level of self-confidence combined with biblical humility
● Ability to think strategically and to analyze complex situations
● Ability to solve problems by engaging appropriate parties in the development and implementation of solutions
● Insight into contemporary culture and the challenges facing families, youth, and Classical Christian education
● Ability to extend beyond philosophy and theory to implement practical application
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP AND SCHOOL MANAGEMENT:
● Provide leadership to a planning process designed and intended to assure the School’s readiness and ability to provide a sound, relevant, and spiritual educational experience for students.
● Spearhead accreditation in the Association of Classical Christian Schools.
● Be responsible for the overall operation of programs, human resources, and facilities.
● Lead the faculty in continuing educational growth and spiritual maturity as a highly respected Classical Christian institution.
● Oversee all administrative, academic, extra-curricular, and student programs to achieve a complete Classical Christian education experience.
● Establish and promote goals for faculty and staff that result in every student achieving his/her fullest academic and personal potential.
● Recruit, support and retain teaching and administrative personnel whose philosophies match those of the school.
● Develop and apply strategies to continuously improve administrative, faculty and staff professional development, salaries and benefits.
● Provide the leadership and management skills necessary to maximize the efforts of teachers and students in an environment conducive to spiritual and educational enhancement, growth, and achievement.
● Evaluate virtual and technological education as a tool for enhancing the academic offerings.
● Remain abreast of educational trends.
● Serve as the school’s primary spokesperson.
● Be committed to maintaining excellent relationships with parents, faculty, staff, and students.
● Effect constant and open communication with all school stakeholders.
● Promote a warm Christ-centered atmosphere within Veritas Christian Academy.
● Provide strong, collaborative leadership to ensure consensus on future direction.
● Show involvement in the daily life and activities of students by personally recognizing their achievements and sharing in their successes as well as their problems and concerns.
● Ensure compliance with accreditation and school membership agencies.
● Establish objectives and procedures to ensure operational efficiency.
● Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal agencies and guidelines.
● Prepare and submit the annual budget to the Board.
● Collaboratively prepare monthly reports to the Board.
● Adhere to all personnel policies, procedures and guidelines.
Salary and Benefits
1. Salary range: $48,000-$52,000 dependent upon experience and qualifications.
2. VCA will not be able to offer a benefits package to employees for the 2023-2024 school year. The Board of Directors would like all applicants to know we appreciate the sacrifice it would be to not receive benefits upon becoming a member of the VCA Family. We are working diligently to have competitive benefit packages for employees in future years.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com