Secondary Humanities Teacher
Website Veritas Classical Academy
Veritas Classical Academy, a K-12 Classical, Christian School in Southern California, is hiring a full-time teacher to teach at our new branch school in Seoul, South Korea. We are seeking an engaging and talented Secondary Humanities Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. The mission of Veritas is to disciple students to delight, discern, and display the glory of God in Jesus Christ.
Ideal applicants are mature in their Christian faith, personally and professionally, and desire to continually grow in their relationships with Jesus Christ. They must fully support and abide by the school’s Statement of Faith, possess a passion for and exhibit academic strength in their fields, demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning, and exude a love for children. Furthermore, applicants should have a background demonstrating a commitment to classical, Christian education either through college coursework, experience, or other disciplines compatible with classical, Christian curriculum.
Bachelor and/or graduate degrees in education and/or subject-related areas are preferred. Teaching experience online and in Christian/classical schools are highly desired.
Secondary Humanities Teacher sets the standard for the rest of the school in discipling students to delight, discern, and display the glory of God in Jesus Christ. The teacher’s specific role is to train the students with the rigor and the leisure of delighting in the riches of literature, history, and culture, all of which serve to gain a deeper understanding of God’s truth, goodness, and beauty.
Teaching Job Description:
- Conducts oneself with Christ-honoring character, professionalism, and humility
- Demonstrates a passion for classical education and excellence in teaching
- Shares a contagious passion for their subject areas with their students by conducting stimulating discussion-based lectures
- Instructs clearly and provides timely feedback
- Fosters a nurturing online classroom culture of joyful learning and order
- Creates interactive learning opportunities
- Serves as a positive role model for students, parents, and the community
- Supports, invests and assists in the development of the students in reaching their full potential spiritually, academically and morally
- Assists in the creation, research, and improvement of curriculum to provide the best possible educational environment for all children regardless of their learning ability or learning style
- Reviews completed home assignments, assesses areas in need of improvement, and ensures that students are on track
- Completes and coordinates quarterly assessments as well as teacher parent conferences
- Encourages children to become increasingly independent in their learning, to become self-motivated and engaged life-long learners
- Communicates regularly with families regarding student learning
The academic year begins in August 2022 and ends in May 2023.
This position reports directly to the Headmaster.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org