Upper School Literature and Composition Teacher
Website Veritas Preparatory School
Veritas Preparatory School is an independent Classical, Christian, University Model School in the flourishing city of Greenville, SC. The vision of Veritas is to be a community growing in the love of God as courageous learners, thoughtful communicators, and gracious servants. Founded by a group of parents in 2012, Veritas currently enrolls 265 students K-12. As we continue to grow as a school, we are looking for an upper school literature and composition teacher to be a part of our faculty.
Our faculty forms a community of learners; they strive to be models of Christian life and thought, and able mentors of both children and families. They must be committed members of a local church body and agree with our statement of faith. (Available online here: https:// www.veritasgreenville.com/christian-education.) Candidates should have a degree and/or experience in the field in which they are teaching. Knowledge and experience with Classical education and University Model Schools are desirable but not required.
Responsibilities for Upper School Lit/Comp Teacher:
• Teach 7th grade (General), 8th grade (American) and/or 9th grade (Ancient/Medieval) literature/composition.
• Pursue common goals in accordance with the Veritas telos – “To be a community of students and families growing in the love of God as courageous learners, thoughtful communicators, and gracious servants.”
• Employ a curriculum and pedagogy that seeks to cultivate the virtue of the student along with the knowledge of literature/composition.
• Create homework plans for students to work on during off-campus school days (Wednesday and Friday)
• Manage the classroom and maintain an exceptional educational atmosphere.
• Follow Upper School policies as laid out in the faculty manual.
• Attend all staff meetings (once a month on Fridays)
• Enter grades for students weekly.
• Communicate with parents updates about the classroom and meet with parents as needed.
Salary is competitive, and tuition discount is offered to faculty with children. Enrollment in the school is strongly encouraged.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com