College And Career Counselor
Website Westside Christian Academy
COLLEGE AND CAREER COUNSELOR
Part-time, begins July 2022
We seek a dynamic, education-minded counselor to join our Upper School faculty as we come alongside parents to raise their
students to be all that God desires both during their time in the Upper School and in the future. The Upper School Counselor
will be a member of the Upper School faculty, function as a godly role-model, lead an advisory group and support the mission
and philosophy of the school. This is part-time, working no more than 20 hours per week mostly during the school year.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following
• College/Career Counseling
• Counsel and communicate with students and parents regarding decisions for life after graduation.
• Assist students with college research and applications.
• Provide opportunities for students to interact with and experience like-minded educational institutions
through hosting representatives or providing promotional materials.
• Keep records of students’ college decisions and other college/career material.
• Provide data to the school regarding alumni college placements, major selection, and other pertinent information.
• Faculty Member Responsibilities
• Lead or assist the leading of a Compass Group in order to disciple a specific group of students and
attend faculty meetings as needed.
• Record Keeping
• Keep records pertaining to college admissions, alumni, graduation, standardized tests, CCP, student
eligibility, schedules, etc.
• Keep records of each student’s graduation progress and course completion documents.
• Keep current with State of Ohio Graduation Requirements.
• Produce, distribute, collect, and process individualized course selection documents.
• Oversee all Upper School Standardized Testing.
• Oversee the College Credit Plus (CCP) Program at WCA.
• A follower of Jesus Christ and personal agreement with our Statement of Faith and lifestyle agreement
• Detail oriented and organized with excellent verbal and written skills
• Ability to sincerely interact and pray with our teens and their parents
• Friendly, conscientious, and professional demeanor; teachable spirit
• Personal enthusiasm, optimism, and sense of humor
• A commitment to Christian education and developing a life-long biblical worldview
• A bachelor’s degree or higher
As a PreK – 12 Classical and Christian school in suburban Cleveland, WCA is committed to quality instruction through the lens of
a Biblical worldview in a nurturing environment. We use classical methodology that includes grammar, Latin, logic, rhetoric and
daily instruction from God’s Word. WCA is a family-oriented community, united by the bond of being Christ followers who desire our
children to grow in godly character with a zeal for learning. To learn more, explore our website at www.WestsideAcademy.org
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to
Jim Whiteman, Headmaster, at [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com